iPhone Siri is not a new thing in today’s world but most people don’t use it very often. But through this post I want to highlight some of its key features like:
- Users can update Facebook status without even using their device. Just by using Siri.
- Siri is an inbuilt calculator that works smoothly just by virtual commands – tell Siri to add any set of numbers and they will be read out. Tap to edit
- Ask for a spelling and you will get the definition as well.
- Ask for currency and measurement conversions.
- Creat calendar events by saying make an appointment with time and date.
- Set up reminders and to do lists
Thanks to Bharat Gupta via the Add a new Strategy form.
“I like to generate a transcript of a lecture session and I use speech to text to dictate into my mobile or I record the session” D.T.
There are several ways of dictating and producing text on the mobile – iPhone has built in speech recognition (Siri) for many of its apps or the use of Dragon Dictation when online that allows short paragraphs to be dictated and collected within its own note pad. Android has Dragon mobile assistant and if you want to experiment there is Utter in beta mode for commands. It does not make the Android totally hands free, but it shows the beginning of an off/online conversation with reactions!
utter! Android Voice Command Assistant – BETA! YouTube video