These guides are designed to support inclusive learning and teaching environments. Their aim is to enhance the accessibility and ease of use of learning materials with or without the need for assistive technologies.
For example, the Accessibility Options control panel in Windows provides keyboard, mouse and screen options for people who have difficulty typing or seeing the screen and Mac operating systems offer VoiceOver for screen reading, Zoom magnification and keyboard alternatives as part of its Apple built in accessibility options. Linux Foundation has Open Accessibility (A11y) Group.
- Accessible Blogs
- Adobe PDF Easy Reading
- Communicating in Forums
- Making PDF’s Accessible
- Making scientific content accessible
- Making Word Processing Documents Accessible
- Making Your Presentations Accessible
- Podcast (Audio and Video) Accessibility
- RSS Feeds
- Social Bookmarking
- Social Networking / Media
- Wikis and Collaborative writing