We know that the number of FOI requests related to PSBAR is increasing rapidly as we near the 23rd September 2020 deadline. With that in mind there are some commonly expected FOI requests we have thought of related to the regulations. If you can answer the below information you should have a significant amount of evidence to comprehensively answer most requests.
Please can you provide me with the following information under the Freedom of Information Act;
- Your full Accessibility Statement for your main website.
- Any and all results for Digital Accessibility assessments carried out on any websites and mobile applications you are responsible for.
- A list of all websites and mobile applications you are responsible for as well as whether they are “new” (launched after 23/09/18) or existing (launched before 23/09/2019)
- Your Digital Accessibility auditing forward plan which you are using to prioritise the assessment and resolution of accessibility issues within your web estate.
- Any and all Disproportionate Burden Assessments carried out to identify areas of disproportionate burden within your identified accessibility issues.
- Your organisation’s remedial action plan for improving digital accessibility and fixing identified accessibility issues.
- Any documentation on your organisation’s strategy or plan on how you will meet the requirements of the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
- What resources is your organisation committing to improving accessibility? E.g. Do you have in house auditing, how many people, is there a strategic lead etc.
We also suggest you provide this information in a computer readable format for users of assistive technology so any format besides a scanned PDF is preferable.